University of Michigan C-PHOM REU Program in Ann Arbor, MI
The Summer 2016 C-PHOM REU Program will run from June 5, 2016 to August 12, 2016. The program provides undergraduate students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents with an opportunity to conduct ten weeks of summer research with faculty and students in the fields of nanophotonics, nanomaterials, and nanophysics. Opportunities are available in experiment, theory, and computation. Applicants are required to send transcripts and 2 letters of recommendation.
For full consideration, applications should be received by February 1, 2016.
Restrictions & Eligibility Requirements for the C-PHOM REU program:
- You must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent resident
- You must be a rising junior or senior (graduating with a bachelors between December 2016 and May 2018)
- You must have health insurance coverage for the summer
- You must not be graduating before the end of the program in August 2016
- You must not already have a four-year degree of any kind
- You must have an overall undergraduate cumulative GPA of a 3.50 or higher
Students selected to participate in the C-PHOM REU program will receive:
- A stipend of $4,500
- Travel reimbursement for travel to and from Ann Arbor
- Access to all university recreational facilities
- Housing near campus
- University of Michigan email account.
- Access to world-class research facilities.
- One-on-one instruction from internationally recognized faculty.