University of Michigan C-PHOM REU Program in Ann Arbor, MI
The Summer 2017 C-PHOM REU Program will run from June 4, 2017 to August 11, 2017. The program provides undergraduate students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents with an opportunity to conduct ten weeks of summer research with faculty and students in the fields of nanophotonics, nanomaterials, and nanophysics. Opportunities are available in experiment, theory, and computation. Applicants are required to provide transcripts and 2 letters of recommendation.
Fill out the on-line application at C-PHOM REU Application. An email requesting recommendations will be generated from your application information.
For full consideration, applications should be received by February 1, 2017.
Restrictions & Eligibility Requirements for the C-PHOM REU program:
- You must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent resident
- You must be a rising junior or senior (graduating with a bachelors between December 2017 and May 2019)
- You must have health insurance coverage for the summer
- You must not be graduating before the end of the program in August 2017
- You must not already have a four-year degree of any kind
- You must have an overall undergraduate cumulative GPA of a 3.50 or higher
Students selected to participate in the C-PHOM REU program will receive:
- A stipend of $4,500
- Travel reimbursement for travel to and from Ann Arbor
- Housing near campus
- University of Michigan email account.
- Access to world-class research facilities.
- One-on-one instruction from internationally recognized faculty.